Monday, January 03, 2005

The Price of Greatness...

In order to achieve greatness one has to think great, speak great, and learn greatness
Recently i have this habit (i have no idea where i picked it from)of reading books.
I read a whole lot of books.
Everytime i finished reading one, i have this excitement to buy another.
Everytime i finished reading one, i feel like i want to do stuffs i read.
But then, buying books doesnt come in cheap prices.
I just bought 2 books (which im quite sure it'll give me a lot of new lessons)one is "THE 8th HABIT; from Effectiveness to Greatness", by Stephen Covey the author of the Best Selling 7 Habits of Highly Effective people. And the other is "How to Deal with Difficult People".
I need that.
But like i said, it doesnt come cheap. But my approach is, people go to business school, i read book :)
Its an investation for me :)

Recently i started to act like i am a good leader (at least i want to be portrayed as one, so might as well act like one)
I do things, great leaders do
I think the way great leaders do
I learn from them
and mirror them
i talk like them
Act like them
ReAct like them

And all of the sudden i began to sound and look like im from another planet
I dont talk like others, i dont act like others, i dont work like others
Hell, i dont even live the way others do.

Somepeople might find that awkward
They think im rude for the things i say that comes from the heart
Things i say that needs to be said in order to excell, to succeed.
I said nothing but the truth

They think im an idealistic when i do things i did
When all i did is to do things the right way.
Of course i still make adjustments to life, i mean isnt that what life is all about?
But im stil making spaces for me to run within the dotted lines.
And they think im not making sense

I think people are ridiculous when they make obvious mistakes
When all they did, was something normal. I mean (normal) people make mistakes
Even i make some. But the difference is, to my eyes, it is SOOO obvious.
Makin it sooooOOO Ridiculous.

I dunno, its like im living in a different dimension with other people.
But im not losing faith or anything
Its not like i dont know what to do

I know what to do
And that's just what i'll do

:)

I'll do it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home